What's new
Rivian Forums Owners Club - R1T Pickup and R1S SUV Forum

The Rivian Owners Forums are now back online! The forums were offline for awhile as can be seen by the legacy threads and member communications, but hopefully we can begin growing again and be a great outlet for all current and future Rivian owners without being force fed ads all in your face as other forums out there do.

Ford deal guesstimation

Jimcgov3

Founding Member
After visiting the NYIAS last weekend, one of my questions to Brian Gase was, "What is Rivian's plan for service centers?" His reply was that they could/would partner with an established service center (He didn't specifically name one) and Rivian would train their employees and voila, you have service centers throughout the US. But that was before the Ford deal. I wonder although it isn't specifically mentioned in any article I have read about the deal if Ford could end up being those Service centers. If they are going to be using the skateboard architecture for their own EVs, that means they will already be trained on over half of the vehicle. I could be way off, but this just makes too much sense.

After visiting the NYIAS last weekend, one of my questions to Brian Gase was, "What is Rivian's plan for service centers?" His reply was that they could/would partner with an established service center (He didn't specifically name one) and Rivian would train their employees and voila, you have service centers throughout the US. But that was before the Ford deal. I wonder although it isn't specifically mentioned in any article I have read about the deal if Ford could end up being those Service centers. If they are going to be using the skateboard architecture for their own EVs, that means they will already be trained on over half of the vehicle. I could be way off, but this just makes too much sense.

I agree. To have any scale immediately they have to roll out with a partner. My concern is service at Ford for the price point should be more along the lines of range rover, BMW, etc.

I have a RR sport and a GMC Denali, and I cringe when I have service on the GMC. Any issues I have I feel like they gloss over or don't listen and my vehicle always comes back dirty with greasy hand prints and just over not well cared for. And the reality is I spent as much on that vehicle as the RR.

Maybe they would use Lincoln? Especially given the price point of where the SUV would need to be fits the navigator profile better IMO.

Back