What's new
Rivian Forums Owners Club - R1T Pickup and R1S SUV Forum

The Rivian Owners Forums are now back online! The forums were offline for awhile as can be seen by the legacy threads and member communications, but hopefully we can begin growing again and be a great outlet for all current and future Rivian owners without being force fed ads all in your face as other forums out there do.

Your Rivian may cost you more in US than you were expecting ... maybe

EyeOnRivian

Founding Member
... that is, if the Koch brothers and their cronies get their way according to this Sierra Club article
"Who Wants to Kill the Electric Car This Time?"

One of the many groups the Koch brothers help fund to fight the EV tax credit have a slogan for EVs - "Built by billionaires, bought by millionaires . . . and subsidized by the rest of us." ... Hmm, they seem to be missing another slogan - "Kill the EV, increase ICE vehicle sales, so the super rich can get even richer."

Interesting article, but you must take it with a grain of salt. The Sierra Club has been a strong Democratic Party supporter (to the tune of several million dollars versus about $150k to the Republican Party) over the last several years. The Koch brothers have a constant bullseye on their back when it comes to the Democrats.

That is funny. The Koch brothers have holdings in animal agriculture which is the most heavily subsidized industry at present. I don't hear them complaining about those subsidies.

That is funny. The Koch brothers have holdings in animal agriculture which is the most heavily subsidized industry at present. I don't hear them complaining about those subsidies.

I am definitely not in the know about (nor care) what the Koch brothers have holdings in, but I do know the cattle industry is not one of the most heavily subsidized industries. Farming yes, but the cattle and meat industry has little direct subsidies. Those are actually industries used as examples of industries surviving without subsidies by proponents of eliminating farming subsidies. Now the Koch's link to the oil industry, however......

I am definitely not in the know about (nor care) what the Koch brothers have holdings in, but I do know the cattle industry is not one of the most heavily subsidized industries. Farming yes, but the cattle and meat industry has little direct subsidies. Those are actually industries used as examples of industries surviving without subsidies by proponents of eliminating farming subsidies. Now the Koch's link to the oil industry, however......

Sorry dude, animal agriculture is massively subsidized. Both directly and indirectly through the subsidization of corn and soy which are feed crops.

https://ips-dc.org/we-subsidize-the-wrong-kind-of-agriculture/

Back