What's new
Rivian Forums Owners Club - R1T Pickup and R1S SUV Forum

The Rivian Owners Forums are now back online! The forums were offline for awhile as can be seen by the legacy threads and member communications, but hopefully we can begin growing again and be a great outlet for all current and future Rivian owners without being force fed ads all in your face as other forums out there do.

GM?

Dublin ‘Eer

Founding Member
How does everyone feel about the potential tie-in with GM? I can see the upside of the dealer network and scale, but I worry about bland GM designs and vehicles which are ugly as (edited) like the Volt and Bolt.

I really hope that doesn't happen. That would really kill the spark I think Rivian has. It's not tied to any big company and it's entrepreneur driven with an awesome team doing great things that are really thinking outside the box and not constrained by rules GM would impose to their creativity. GM adding their touches will really kill it I think. Hope this does NOT happen.

If their is any kind of partnership, I hope its selling/licensing the tech to GM to jump start their EV program. I really don't want GM having any hand with the design of Rivian Vehicles.

Back