What's new
Rivian Forums Owners Club - R1T Pickup and R1S SUV Forum

The Rivian Owners Forums are now back online! The forums were offline for awhile as can be seen by the legacy threads and member communications, but hopefully we can begin growing again and be a great outlet for all current and future Rivian owners without being force fed ads all in your face as other forums out there do.

Greetings from Wyoming

Looking forward to my R1T!
Nice! Now there are at least two of us from Wyoming! Where abouts are you from? I grew up in Torrington over in the SE of the state.

As an aside, but relevant to the forum, I saw that John Barrasso (R-WY) has sponsored legislation to end the EV tax credit... Thoughts?

As an aside, but relevant to the forum, I saw that John Barrasso (R-WY) has sponsored legislation to end the EV tax credit... Thoughts?

Although revenue to repair and improve roads is needed, the burden should be on the heavy trucking industry that causes the most degradation of the highway system. Several states are already adding additional fees for EVs to try to offset loss of gas tax funds.

In my opinion we should be getting a credit for not dumping acid form tail pipes and not polluting the air.

Disinsentiving zero emission vehicles is definitely the wrong approach.

But i'll also just leave this here. ;)

a964c3ebf3060d10f7808e4fe1ae6467dd5b4ad0a56132431c09c6c798d64895.jpg

I live in Casper. Grew up in Powell. You still in Torrington?

As an aside, but relevant to the forum, I saw that John Barrasso (R-WY) has sponsored legislation to end the EV tax credit... Thoughts?[/QUOTE]..He's a nice guy, but it's time for him to go. Not for this reason though. I'm not a fan of government picking winners and losers this way. But if we're going to keep doing it, the EV tax credit is one of the better ones we have.

I also don't like taxes. But if we have to have them, they should be fair. If we tax gasoline to fund road repair, then we should tax EV's for the same reason. However, there's probably a better way to do this.

Back