What's new
Rivian Forums Owners Club - R1T Pickup and R1S SUV Forum

The Rivian Owners Forums are now back online! The forums were offline for awhile as can be seen by the legacy threads and member communications, but hopefully we can begin growing again and be a great outlet for all current and future Rivian owners without being force fed ads all in your face as other forums out there do.

Hello from Denver, Colorado!

Hey there, always good to see more Colorado Future Rivian owners! Let's hope Rivian can still find a way to make a Colorado store happen.

Absolutely! I'm curious as to how much difficulty owning the Rivian would be without a store here in Colorado. That shouldn't mean no service centers as well, right?

Absolutely! I'm curious as to how much difficulty owning the Rivian would be without a store here in Colorado. That shouldn't mean no service centers as well, right?

Answer this one for me, wvera. On Saturday while we were anxiously awaiting the start of the event, my wife and I walked around a mall in Cherry Creek and came across a Tesla store. If Colorado allows Tesla to direct-sell vehicles, why can't Rivian? And worst-case-scenario, if Rivian can't direct sell in Colorado, that doesn't necessarily mean that they can't have a Service center...

Answer this one for me, wvera. On Saturday while we were anxiously awaiting the start of the event, my wife and I walked around a mall in Cherry Creek and came across a Tesla store. If Colorado allows Tesla to direct-sell vehicles, why can't Rivian? And worst-case-scenario, if Rivian can't direct sell in Colorado, that doesn't necessarily mean that they can't have a Service center...

Are you familiar with CADA(Colorado Auto Dealer Association)?

It seems they had a hand in preventing more direct to consumer sales by pushing for the bill to fail at the state level. I think Tesla may be able to continue because they were established prior to the bill not passing. At least that's my limited understanding of how it happened.

I don't think that should prevent the service centers from existing however. It just means we may have to actually "buy" our Rivian out of state. I guess time will tell.

Are you familiar with CADA(Colorado Auto Dealer Association)?

It seems they had a hand in preventing more direct to consumer sales by pushing for the bill to fail at the state level. I think Tesla may be able to continue because they were established prior to the bill not passing. At least that's my limited understanding of how it happened.

I don't think that should prevent the service centers from existing however. It just means we may have to actually "buy" our Rivian out of state. I guess time will tell.

I am not familiar with CADA but I am aware of the Obama era law that went into effect when GM and Chrysler tried going belly up. This law ensured that the Mom and Pop dealerships weren't destroyed but the failures of the bankrupt manufacturers. One of the caveats was direct sale was not allowed.

Back