What's new
Rivian Forums Owners Club - R1T Pickup and R1S SUV Forum

The Rivian Owners Forums are now back online! The forums were offline for awhile as can be seen by the legacy threads and member communications, but hopefully we can begin growing again and be a great outlet for all current and future Rivian owners without being force fed ads all in your face as other forums out there do.

Official Rivian Pre-Order Thread

Are you a Rivian pre-order holder?

• Yes

Votes: 72 80.9%
  • No

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Waiting for the R1S: SUV

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Still deciding

Votes: 11 12.4%

• Total voters
I pre-ordered the R1S. I love the look and can’t wait to hear more from Rivian as they move towards production.

Anyone have any idea how many pre-orders there are and what that means for when someone could expect a truck? How many trucks do they anticipate building a month? Kinda would be disappointing to be waiting a couple years in line

Placed my order back in late Feb. I wonder how many pre order there are in total now?

Seems the latest posts here are wondering about the number pre-orders submitted and the production frequency. This is what I've been able to ascertain over the last year following Rivian which includes submitting my pre-order. I will say not much has changed over the course of 2019 from what I learned early on.

* Since the reveal last Nov 2018 Rivian has said and maintained a production target of late 2020 starting with R1T with the R1S to follow. That still has not changed. It's not clear how much time "follow" means to start producing the R1S.

* No one outside of Rivian knows how many pre-orders have been submitted since Rivian has not made that information available to the public. So no need to ask because if you get an answer I would personally question the credibility of that information.

* "Rivian is targeting 2021 as its first full year of production, planning to make between 20,000 and 40,000 vehicles in that year'" I haven't read any production targets for late 2020 but clearly it will be much less than 2021 especially since they will working out the kinks with starting up the production line from scratch.

Back