What's new
Rivian Forums Owners Club - R1T Pickup and R1S SUV Forum

The Rivian Owners Forums are now back online! The forums were offline for awhile as can be seen by the legacy threads and member communications, but hopefully we can begin growing again and be a great outlet for all current and future Rivian owners without being force fed ads all in your face as other forums out there do.

Power Outlets in R1S?

Biebert

Founding Member
I see that the R1T has power outlets and a built-in air compressor in the back. Anyone know if the R1S will have similar capabilities?

I see that the R1T has power outlets and a built-in air compressor in the back. Anyone know if the R1S will have similar capabilities?

Good question. I've been looking it up and so far I can't find a definitive answer. I assume it's a "no" since photos of the SUV show potential plug-in ports behind the second and third rows, but they are definitely not large enough to accommodate the USB-C & 110V outlet power strip or compressed air station shown in the R1T bed. I'm guessing the R1S will have a single 110v outlet and/or USB ports serving the 2nd and 3rd row passengers.

Attachments

• rivian-highlights.jpg
    rivian-highlights.jpg
    365.7 KB · Views: 8
I've wondered about this too. Before USB ports, let alone 110v outlets, started to appear in vehicles, I've seen some SUVs place a cigarette lighter-type outlet in the back near the rear gate/door/hatch.

I don't see why this would be any less convenient than the pickup. Meaning, I think it would be just as much of use / convenience feature(s) to have in the R1S and located at the back of the rear cargo area similar to what we've seen with the R1T. Perhaps Rivian will make the USB / 110v outlets and/or air compressor available on the R1S but as options or part of an upgrade package.

I don't remember which video it was, but one I recently watched had a Rivian employee mention that both the R1T and R1S will have the ability to leverage the air suspension to act as an air compressor. I'm not sure if it was an older video and that has since changed, or has not been finalized for the R1S.

In the reveal video back in the LA cars show, they said there were 110 outlets scattered through the SUV. I think that is all we really know.

Yes it will. There will be a compressor for the spare tire, for filling air mattresses, bicycle tires, etc...

Back