What's new
Rivian Forums Owners Club - R1T Pickup and R1S SUV Forum

The Rivian Owners Forums are now back online! The forums were offline for awhile as can be seen by the legacy threads and member communications, but hopefully we can begin growing again and be a great outlet for all current and future Rivian owners without being force fed ads all in your face as other forums out there do.

Rivian hitting the road again - announces some Fall 2019 / Winter 2020 destinations

EyeOnRivian

Founding Member
For those who have not pre-ordered or have not signed up to receive email updates from Rivian, Rivian sent out the following update via email stating some destinations they will be visiting this fall. From the email:

upload_2019-8-20_12-55-42-png.656

In case the above image doesn't appear in your browser, the cities are: Atlanta, Seattle and San Francisco. I'll update this post when they announce the dates.

As of Aug 23, 2019 - Rivian has announced via email (invite) their Atlanta private event will be September 13, 2019, 6-9pm ET.
As of Sep 4, 2019 - Rivian has announced via email (invite) their Seattle private event will be September 27, 2019, 4-6pm and 7-9pm.
As of Dec 12, 2019 - Rivian announced via email the San Francisco event has been moved to 2020. It will be a two day event - January 25 and 26th. The event is free to the public and will feature the R1T and R1S. The email indicated more information on the exact location and how to RSVP will come later.
As of Dec 27 2019 - Rivian announced via email the San Francisco public event will be held at the Proof Lab in Mill Valley, CA. RSVP link is in the email.

Last edited:
OP has been updated with the following: Rivian has announced via email (invite) their Atlanta private event will be September 13, 2019, 6-9pm ET.

In case you were wondering, this will be like previous events where "touching and sitting inside the vehicles is prohibited." Rivian email goes on to say "When it's time to get behind the wheel, you'll (pre-order holder) be the first to know."

Seattle Invite just came in this morning - I have my confirmation - Sep 27th, two time slots to choose from...

My confirmation says the following

"Due to the volume of guests, access to the vehicles is restricted to viewing only"

I am totally ok with this - if the exhibition is anything like the ones I have seen in videos and pics - it will be awesome, we will get a chance for a test drive soon enough. My reservation request also asked me to submit a question in writing. I was so excited I totally stumbled through it... LOL, was worried if I took the time I would lose my spot :-D - confirmation came through in no time - 23 days and counting!

Doh! My email provider/server was down so I had no idea about the email invite. Thanks @RockDaphne98296 ! Which of the two sessions are you attending?

OP has been updated with Seattle event date and times.

There is an "EV Week" event in San Francisco on 10/12/19. I didn't see Rivian on the participants list. This might be a missed opportunity for them.

There is an "EV Week" event in San Francisco on 10/12/19. I didn't see Rivian on the participants list. This might be a missed opportunity for them.

Rivian might not be at the actual EV Week event but they might do something like they did during the NY Auto Show and hold a private event. (?)

Anyone heard anything on San Francisco? It's been awhile since Seattle. I wonder if they're waiting for the final vehicle designs and/or options.

OP has been updated with the following:
Rivian announced via email the San Francisco event has been moved to 2020. It will be a two day event - January 25 and 26th. The event is free to the public and will feature the R1T and R1S. The email indicated more information on the exact location and how to RSVP will come later.

1576198197615.png

OP has been updated with the following: Rivian announced via email the San Francisco public event will be held at the Proof Lab in Mill Valley, CA. RSVP link is in the email.

Back