What's new
Rivian Forums Owners Club - R1T Pickup and R1S SUV Forum

The Rivian Owners Forums are now back online! The forums were offline for awhile as can be seen by the legacy threads and member communications, but hopefully we can begin growing again and be a great outlet for all current and future Rivian owners without being force fed ads all in your face as other forums out there do.

Rivian is different

RandyH

Founding Member
I had the opportunity to see Rivian's R1T and R1S at the LA Auto Show. I was stunned at how far along the development was and just how different the people, the founder, and the overall company are when compared to Tesla. Those differences will serve them well moving forward. Rivian is for real!

That's awesome. I wish Rivian would announce what shows or places they will be exhibiting at to try and schedule to see it for myself. Nonetheless still excited as a reservation holder and any new news that pops up. If it's anything like Tesla I will be happy.

Rivian appears to have a well planned out path moving forward, and for right now it doesn't include the car show circuit. The LA Auto Show allowed them to gauge reactions and interest and now they are back to work finishing software, testing, and moving these vehicles into production in conjunction with their suppliers. I for one appreciate their focused approach. They have a lot to do and we should enjoy watching them successfully doing it.

I have also reserved a spot for a new RT1 pickup and will gladly give up my Toyota Tundra which has been a great truck. Hopefully they will get them in production in late 2020. We’ll see if Tesla comes up with their version but I love the unique features of the Rivian (gear tunnel, cool charging indicator, accessories in the bed along with the towing capacity ,electric power on each wheel, air suspension ) and many other great features that drew me to it. Noticed the Silverado now has the sameadjustable tailgate integrated into their trucks. Getting used to the vertical headlights but we’ll see what the true production version looks like.

Reactions: Joe
The design language is what it is and I am pretty sure the headlights are staying as is. They make a bold statement that is immediately recognizable to everyone. I like the fact that Rivian has taken that path, as it follows with the other very bold design characteristics and technical decisions they have made. Remember, Rivian is making adventure vehicles that are meant to be different from anything else currently available.

The headlights are radically different, yet they are well integrated in a balanced design. I agree the whole design is a bold statement. I also like the gear tunnel and the tonneau cover.

I like the headlights, I like that they are different and kind of weird. If anyone is trying to figure what vehicle that is, those oval "stadium" lights will tell the story! And the green charging indicator - since my level 2 charger is on the face of my garage - it should make a nice effect each night on the garage door :LOL:

Reactions: Joe
I like the headlights, I like that they are different and kind of weird. If anyone is trying to figure what vehicle that is, those oval "stadium" lights will tell the story! And the green charging indicator - since my level 2 charger is on the face of my garage - it should make a nice effect each night on the garage door :LOL:

Will definitely have people wondering what the hell is coming up behind them seeing those lights in the rear view mirror. Love it.

I have also reserved a spot for a new RT1 pickup and will gladly give up my Toyota Tundra which has been a great truck. Hopefully they will get them in production in late 2020. We’ll see if Tesla comes up with their version but I love the unique features of the Rivian (gear tunnel, cool charging indicator, accessories in the bed along with the towing capacity ,electric power on each wheel, air suspension ) and many other great features that drew me to it. Noticed the Silverado now has the sameadjustable tailgate integrated into their trucks. Getting used to the vertical headlights but we’ll see what the true production version looks like.

Tundra owner here too. Haven't reserved a Rivian yet, still trying to decide on the Rivian or Telsa. Leaning more towards Rivian as I love the look of the truck and the renders of the Tesla not so much but we don't really know if that is how the final version of Tesla truck will actually be.

Tundra owner here too. Haven't reserved a Rivian yet, still trying to decide on the Rivian or Telsa. Leaning more towards Rivian as I love the look of the truck and the renders of the Tesla not so much but we don't really know if that is how the final version of Tesla truck will actually be.
I agree with you on Tesla’s pickup as the renditions I have seen don’t intrigue me but that unique gear tunnel, tailgate and charging bar did it for me. Can’t wait to sit in one and then race super cars with my golf clubs and 3 friends in the Rivian. Ha, should be fun.

Back