What's new
Rivian Forums Owners Club - R1T Pickup and R1S SUV Forum

The Rivian Owners Forums are now back online! The forums were offline for awhile as can be seen by the legacy threads and member communications, but hopefully we can begin growing again and be a great outlet for all current and future Rivian owners without being force fed ads all in your face as other forums out there do.

Sunroof options talk at SF Proof Labs event...

ThumprMN

I was at the event in SF Jan 25th and I asked about the roof glass on the truck. I think I found out some information I’ve not read anywhere else yet. First, the full glass ”skylight” will be one of 3 options available. Standard will have no roof glass or sunroof, just a full metal roof. Then I believe I was told there will be an opening sunroof option.. but no other details about that. Then the full customizable (not opening) glass roof with capability to change the opacity and color is a premium option. And then I was told there would be a “T-top” option. When I heard that last one, I asked again to confirm that she meant a removable roof top of some kind, and she said, “ Yes, they are working on a T-Top option for the truck roof”.

I'm not entirely sure how a t-top would work on a crew cab, but I’m intrigued.

As a side note, I also got the impression that Apple CarPlay will NOT natively work with Rivian infotainment systems. That is disappointing to hear, but I suspect they will have a way for content to be played from an Apple device regardless.

Also, I was told by the third quarter of 2020, Rivian will have physical store locations in “all major cities” where everyone can go to view and try out their vehicles. This will include the ability to test drive and see all the options.

I asked about the truck bed a bit on the R1T and something stood out... the Rivian employee I was talking to said that when the back is completely closed with the tailgate up and the cover out in the fully closed position, it creates a water tight compartment. The ride height of the truck through water is below where the bed of the truck would be fully submerged, but he said, “It would be water tight.” I have to assume that just means from heavy rain, or leaks getting in when going through high water through the tailgate seams.

I was at the event in SF Jan 25th and I asked about the roof glass on the truck. I think I found out some information I’ve not read anywhere else yet. First, the full glass ”skylight” will be one of 3 options available. Standard will have no roof glass or sunroof, just a full metal roof. Then I believe I was told there will be an opening sunroof option.. but no other details about that. Then the full customizable (not opening) glass roof with capability to change the opacity and color is a premium option. And then I was told there would be a “T-top” option. When I heard that last one, I asked again to confirm that she meant a removable roof top of some kind, and she said, “ Yes, they are working on a T-Top option for the truck roof”.

Thanks for the update. Most of this has been available since at least last August but I believe the type of removable roof panels, "T-top," is new.
Check out thread Rivian R1T and R1S will offer four roof options
and Rivian's FAQ section on their website.

Also, I was told by the third quarter of 2020, Rivian will have physical store locations in “all major cities” where everyone can go to view and try out their vehicles. This will include the ability to test drive and see all the options.

I was hoping this would occur sooner. Rivian has said months ago (last summer?) they we're working on a Test Drive Tour but provided no details. Even found Rivian job posting looking for qualified drivers willing to travel. Not sure what the status is of those job openings or the tour. If I have to wait for them to open a "store" some time in 3Q 2020, at least that's something, and I probably won't have to drive very far to check it out. Definitely looking forward to this since two of my top checklist items is to actually sit in either of these EAVs and to take it for a test drive!

Back